Cakes — cup cakes….
The only difference between these two is the size ??? No , it isn’t ..
Cup cake recipe is much more easier and simpler than a usual cake recipe. With its’ nice frosting on the top and soft inside, imagine how tasty is it..
If you have ever tried this recipe before, please feel free to leave a comment here or on YouTube…
Without much talking, let’s jump into the recipe…
For the cupcake
- Flour – 2 cups
- Cocoa powder – 30g
- Sugar – 1 1/2 cups
- Baking powder – 3g
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Sour cream – 1/4 cup
- Butter milk – 1/2 cup
- Eggs 2
- Vegetable oil – 1/3 cup
- Hot coffee – 1/4 cup
- Vanilla extract – 2 tsp
For the frosting
- Egg whites 3
- Sugar – 1 1/2 cups
- Salt – 1tsp
- Unsalted butter – 450g
- Vanilla extract – 1tsp
- Cocoa powder – 1 cup
- Melted dark chocolate – 1/2 cup
For the batter :
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Sift the flour and cocoa pwder into the bowl of the stand mixer. Mix well.
- Then sift the sugar and mix again.
- Add baking powder and salt directly into this bowl and mix well.
Now your dry ingredients are ready.
Let’s make our wet ingredients ready…
Add sour cream, buttermilk, eggs, vegetable oil, hot coffee and vanilla extract into a large bowl and mix together.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix them well using the stand mixer until they get combined well.
- Add papers to the cupcake tins.
- Pour the batter mixture to the cupcake tins.
- Bake at 350F for about 15 -20 minutes.Let it to cool.
For the frosting :
- Add egg whites, sugar and salt into the small bowl of the stand mixer and mix them well.
- Add simmering hot water to a larger bowl and keep the small bowl with the mixture over the larger bowl of hot water .
- Mix the ingredients again under the heat of this hot water.
- Get the small bowl out of the larger bowl and beat until peak form using the stand mixture.
- Then add unsalted butter gradually into it while mixing .
6.Once all the butter is incorporated, add the vanilla extract and cocoa powder and mix well.
- Then add the melted dark chocolate and mix again.
- Now the time to keep this frosting mixture in the refrigerator .
Add the frosting mixture into a large starpipe.
Pipe these mixture onto the cooled cupcakes using the starpipe as you wish.
Now , why are you waiting ? Taste it …
I am Sha …..
Here is the video guide for you… Don’t forget to subscribe my YouTube channel ….